TEAL Access Instructions
To access the automated waiver application, districts must establish TEA Login (TEAL) user accounts. An overview of the TEAL system and end user training is available online at Secure applications overview and help.
Within the TEAL environment, districts can manage any TEAL applications for which they have access, including the Waivers application. If a district superintendent has not already established access to the TEAL system, take the following steps:
- Request a TEAL account by clicking the Request New User Account link on the TEAL login page at TEA Login (TEAL).
- Request TEAL Primary Approver access for your organization under the Manage Approver Status link at the bottom of the Edit My User Information page.
To request access to this application in TEAL:
- Log in to TEAL.
- Click My Application Accounts under Self-Service.
- Click Request New Account.
- Select the Waivers application.
- Select the District Superintendent or District Editor. The District Superintendent can enter (as necessary), review, edit, approve, and submit waiver and exception applications. The District Editor can create and save applications for further review and approval by the District Superintendent.
- To submit the request for access to the Waivers application, complete all requested information and save the changes. When the request is approved, you will receive a notification email.
The Waivers application allows districts to submit a request to the agency only when all required fields have been completed and all edit checks have passed. Districts that submit waiver and exception requests through the automated Waivers application have the opportunity to print a copy of the submission to be retained at the local level. However, all agency communication regarding the waiver review and approval process takes place through the automated system. No paper waiver or class size exception applications are accepted by TEA.
TEA will continue to make waiver and exception data available to the public through the Waiver Online Report.
If you have questions or need additional assistance in setting up a TEAL account, please contact email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the waiver and exception application process, please contact the State Waivers Unit at (512) 463-9630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.