SY 22-23 COVID-19 Testing Availability
|Date:||July 21, 2021|
|Subject:||SY 22-23 COVID-19 Testing Availability|
|Next Steps:||Share information with students’ families|
This To the Administrator Addressed letter announces the launch of the 2022-2023 COVID-19 Testing Program.
Beginning Thursday, July 21, 2022, and continuing through the end of SY 22-23, the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and TEA will be extending the school-based COVID-19 testing activities through the work of vendors funded by an $800 million federal grant. Due to the many changes to this year’s program, school systems must go through the following steps before applying for the testing program.
- Review the SY 22-23 K-12 COVID-19 Testing Program Guidance & Eligibility Requirements
- Review the SY 22-23 K-12 COVID-19 Testing Program Step By Step Guide
- Review the application preview.
- Develop a testing plan that aligns with the application. School systems can review the CDC testing guidelines for testing strategies.
- Apply to be in the program. Please note that all school systems must apply this year, regardless of participating in previous testing programs.
School Health Support Grant
The 2021-2022 COVID-19 School Health Support Grant end date has been extended. The new grant end date is March 31, 2023. Current grantees have been sent an amended notice of grant award (NOGA) reflecting this no-cost extension.
- School systems can find more information on the TEA COVID-19 Testing Website, which includes information on approved vendors and the FAQ.
- Email COVIDCaseReport@tea.texas.gov if you still have questions after reviewing the above mentioned information.