Appeals to the Commissioner of Education, Hearings and Appeals Division
Educators that received a notice of proposed contract termination, non-renewal, suspension without pay, and persons aggrieved by actions or decision of any school district board of trustees' grievance decision that violates the school laws of this state or a provision of a written employment contract between the school district and the school district employee may appeal to the Commissioner of Education.
- General Information
- Instructions for Filing a 7.057 Appeal
- Instructions for Filing a Ch. 21 Appeal
- Instructions for Filing a Request for a Hearing before Independent Hearing Examiner
- Sample Forms for Filing an Appeal
- Education Law & Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to Appeals Before the Commissioner
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic Filing System
- Decisions of the Commissioner and Independent Hearing Examiner Recommendation Database
Submitting a complaint to TEA Complaints Management after you have exhausted the local grievance process (Levels One-Three) does not meet requirements of an Appeal to the Commissioner of Education under Texas Education Code § 7.057. To appeal a grievance please refer to the instructions for filing a 7.057 Appeal.
The Division of Hearings and Appeals does not hear appeals related to educator certifications. All matters related to educator certification should contact TEA's Educator Certification Division.