2021-2022 COVID-19 Testing Program Closeout Dates and Feedback Request
|Date:||May 5, 2022|
|Subject:||2021-2022 COVID-19 Testing Program Closeout Dates and Feedback Request|
|Next Steps:||Complete the SY 21-22 school system COVID-19 testing program survey, results reporting, and inventory closeout form.|
The purpose of this communication is to update superintendents, school system administrators, and school system testing coordinators about the COVID-19 testing extension for the 2022-2023 school year (SY) and the closeout requirements for the SY 2021-2022 K-12 COVID Testing Program.
2021–2022 Final Ordering Dates
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) have set the following closeout dates to allow enough time for reconciliation and settlement of testing reporting and funds. This period will also enable TEA and DSHS to implement improvements to the testing program for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Last Day to Order Tests for SY 21-22: May 20, 2022
- Last Day for Staffing on Campuses: June 30, 2022
2021–2022 Required Closeout Reporting
All participating school systems must complete the COVID-19 Test Inventory Closeout Survey and submit all testing results by July 7, 2022, which will help prepare for the next school year and properly close out this school year.
- Last Day to Report Results (required): July 7, 2022*
- Last Day for Inventory Closeout (required): July 7, 2022*
- Inventory Closeout Form
Report COVID tests received from the following vendors, but-
• Do NOT include COVID tests received from TDEM
• Do NOT include COVID tests that have already been previously reported; school systems only need to report the number of expiring COVID tests that they currently have in stock
• ACCU Reference Medical Lab
• Achieve Health Management
• Bloom Health Partners
• Goodside Health
• Quest Diagnostics
• Texas Department of State Health Services
• Thermo Fisher Scientific
*Failure to report all tests may prohibit you from participating in the 2022-2023 COVID Testing Program.
2022-2023 K-12 Testing Program and Current Year Feedback
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has officially announced that it is extending the CDC Reopening Schools Grant for the 2022-2023 school year. To improve the COVID-19 Testing Program for the next school year, TEA and DSHS request feedback from all school systems participating in the 2021-2022 testing program. Local educational agencies that would like to provide feedback should complete the SY21-22 End Of The Year COVID-19 Reopening Schools Grant Survey by Friday, May 27, 2022, at 11:59 PM.