2022–2023 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent (SC9000)
|Date:||October 21, 2021|
|Subject:||2022–2023 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent (SC9000)|
|Next Steps:||Applicable LEAs to submit SC9000 by December 3, 2021|
The 2022–2023 Annual Survey of Children in Local Residential Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent (SC9000) is now available in the Texas Education Agency (TEA) eGrants system. The purpose of the survey is to provide the US Department of Education (USDE) with accurate information on the location and number of children who live in residential facilities for the neglected or delinquent.
USDE needs this information to calculate school year 2022–2023 Title I, Part A, and Title I, Part D, Subpart 2 federal funding allocations under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Applicable local educational agencies (LEAs) must complete and submit the SC9000 in eGrants by 5:00 p.m. Central Time, December 3, 2021.
LEAs that have a residential facility for neglected or delinquent children located within their geographic boundaries or provide for the education of students who reside in that residential facility must respond to the 2022–2023 SC9000 survey by December 3, 2021. The 2021–2022 SC9000 is available only to those LEAs.
Accessing the SC9000
Follow these steps to open the SC9000:
- Log on to the TEA Login, (TEAL).
- From the Application List, select eGrants.
- Click on “Special Collections” from the header menu.
- Select the “2022–2023 SC9000 Annual Survey of Children in Local Facilities for the Neglected/Delinquent.”
Completing the SC9000
To complete the SC9000, the applicable LEA must contact the appropriate administrator of the residential facility to:
- Verify that the following SC9000 pre-populated residential facility information is accurate:
- Facility name;
- Facility mailing address;
- Independent school district boundary where the facility is located;
- Type of facility (either serving neglected or delinquent children); and
- Legal or administrative basis (who licenses the facility).
- Obtain and report the October 2021 caseload data of children, ages 5 through 17, who resided in the residential facility for at least one day during a 30-consecutive-day period, at least one day of which falls within the month of October 2021. Exclude from the October 2021 caseload count any foster child under the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. As applicable, provide an explanation if the October 2020 residential caseload increased or decreased by 25 or more students, as compared to the October 2020 residential caseload reported in the LEA’s 2021–2022 SC9000 certified submission.
Updates to the SC9000
To request changes to pre-populated 2022–2023 SC9000 facility information, remove a facility due to closure, or add a new facility, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting the SC9000
By December 3, 2021, follow these steps to certify and submit your completed SC9000 through eGrants:
- Select Contact from the dropdown menu for the Authorized Official. The contact
information will populate on the form.
- If Contact is not listed, click on Add New Contact. Be sure to save the form, as this will redirect you to the Contacts Page on eGrants.
- Click Certify and Submit to submit the form.
For Further Information
If you have any questions about the SC9000, contact the Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting Division by e-mailing email@example.com.