American Rescue Plan ESSER III Grant Program: Compliance Requirement
|Date:||June 23, 2022|
|Subject:||American Rescue Plan Act ESSER III Grant Program: Compliance Requirement|
|Category:||COVID Grant Funding, Requirements for LEAs|
|Next Steps:||Submit web link updates|
In the Approved Texas State Plan for the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund grant program (ESSER III), the Texas Education Agency (TEA) provided the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) with an assurance that certain materials related to ESSER III would be made available to the public online.
The purpose of this letter is to inform local educational agencies (LEAs) how to submit the required information or updates to TEA.
Materials Required to Be Posted on the Web
An LEA that receives ESSER III grant funding is required to develop the following plans and post them online:
- A plan for safe return to in-person instruction and continuity of services, per ARP Section 2001(i)
- An ESSER III use of funds plan
For all LEAs that receive ESSER III grant funding, TEA is required to supply USDE with the URLs (web addresses) for these two plans.
How to Submit Plan URLs
Any LEA that receives ARP ESSER III grant funding is required to submit the URL for each of its required plans to TEA. To provide new or updated URLs:
- LEAs need to review the ARP ESSER III LEA Plans report to verify that both links listed for their respective LEAs are the most accurate and up-to-date links.
- If links are not correct or up-to-date, LEAs can resubmit correct URLs through the ESSER Compliance WorkApp.
- LEA contacts that have current access to submit EDGAR forms for TEA prior approval have access to make these changes.
- A Help Form and resources are available within the compliance system to address questions, concerns, or requests for technical assistance.
- If the information is correct, no further action is required.
The deadline for LEAs to submit updated URLs via the ESSER Compliance WorkApp is August 1, 2022.
Availability of Plans Online
USDE will make the LEA plans available on its Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE) website. In addition, the links will be posted on the ARP ESSER III Grant Program page of the TEA website.
For Further Information
With any questions about ESSER III plan compliance, please contact Natalie Coffey, ESSER State Director, at email@example.com.