Extended Deadline for Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort SY 2021–22
|Date:||February 25, 2021|
|Subject:||Extended Deadline for Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort SY 2021–22|
|Next Steps:||Share with the board of trustees or governing board|
The deadline to submit letters of interest (LOI) for the Lone Star Governance (LSG) Exemplar Cohort for the 2021–22 School Year has been extended from Friday, February 26 to Friday, March 19, 2021.
The Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort is an intensive program is designed for committed governing teams—school boards with their superintendents—that are dedicated to continually cultivating and sharpening their focus on one primary objective: improving student outcomes.
The LSG Exemplar Cohort is a yearlong program (with a possible extension based on available funding) that includes the following at no cost to the local education agency (LEA):
- Attendance at a two-day LSG workshop with fellow cohort members
- A dedicated LSG Coach
- Monthly implementation support tailored for the board, board chair, superintendent, and staff
- Quarterly board self-evaluation support
- Statutorily required board member trainings in team-building, needs (based on the framework for governance leadership), and evaluating and improving student outcomes
- Early access to Lone Star Governance-related training
- Collaboration with, learning from, and learning with other high-performing governing teams
All school district and charter governing teams are eligible. The cohort will be limited to 10 governing teams. All eligible expenses of participating LEAs will be reimbursed monthly—up to $10,000 for the entire first year of the cohort. Additional details and submission instructions are attached below.
To receive reimbursements for LSG-related expenses, your governing team must commit to the following:
- Continued, frequent engagement with a certified LSG coach
- Timely submission of the quarterly self-evaluation report (QR)
- Active promotion of and advocacy for the LSG initiative, including presenting about the LSG philosophy and practices at meetings and conferences
Please visit http://tea.texas.gov/lsg for updates and additional information.
If you have any questions, please contact Lone Star Governance staff at email@example.com.