K-12 COVID-19 Testing Reporting Requirements and Allocation Update
|Date:||March 3, 2022|
|Subject:||K-12 COVID-19 Testing Reporting Requirements and Allocation Update|
|Next Steps:||Submit relevant testing reporting data|
The purpose of this communication is to update superintendents, school system administrators, and school system testing coordinator about COVID-19 test reporting requirements and reallocations occurring within the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Texas Education Agency’s (TEA) K-12 COVID Testing Program.
COVID-19 Reporting Requirements and Deadlines
School systems that opted into the K-12 Testing Program agreed to adhere to the following reporting requirements:
For all tests:
- Each school or vendor must meet specific testing reporting requirements using a web-based portal for all tests conducted.
- School systems that applied for the School Health Support grant and were approved to use their allocation to work with COVID-19 testing vendors are required to submit testing results. The results must be submitted via the Outside Vendor Reporting Template to DSHS at TCECSupport@dshs.texas.gov.
- All school systems must submit the Tests and Services Received Report within 48 hours of receiving the testing supplies or services to allow timely invoice payment to vendors in addition to updating the allocation spreadsheet.
For Staffing Services:
LEAs must submit a Tests and Services Received Report within 48 hours (2 business days) after the last day of engagement with the vendor.
Updated Reporting Requirements and Deadline
To adhere to the requirements of the federally funded CDC grant, the DSHS and TEA will require that all school systems ensure that the following conditions are met by March 31, 2022:
- School systems must have at least 90% of all Testing and Services Received reports submitted.
- School systems must be up to date with all testing results reported to the vendor.
After March 31, school systems will be expected to continue to meet the above reporting requirements and thresholds. Failure to adhere to these requirements may delay access to the allocation or cause removal from the K-12 COVID-19 Testing Program.
School systems across the state utilize the K-12 COVID Testing Program in various ways to keep their students and staff safe and to provide the school system with information on COVID-19 positivity rates in their school systems. In order to support all school systems in the state, DSHS and TEA have reallocated funds from schools that have not utilized their testing allocation so that schools that have implemented effective screening practices or schools in areas of high transmission can continue to test.
As of today, March 3, 2022, school systems that have not utilized any of their allocation will have their allocation reduced by 90%. If school systems decide they need to utilize their testing allocation and need more than the updated allocation amount, they will need to email COVIDCaseReport@tea.texas.gov
Increased Allocation Requests
School systems that have been effectively utilizing the K-12 COVID-19 Testing Program and have met the above reporting requirements may request an increase in allocation once they have reported 80% use of their allocation. Schools systems that would like to request an increase in allocation should complete the SY 21-22 COVID-19 Stop Gap and Allocation Increase Form.