Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort SY 2022–23
|Date:||January 20, 2022|
|Subject:||Lone Star Governance Exemplar Cohort SY 2022–23|
|Next Steps:||Share with the board of trustees|
The Texas Education Agency is now accepting Letters of Interest (LOI) for the Lone Star Governance (LSG) Exemplar Cohort for the 2022–23 school year.
This intensive program is designed for committed governing teams—school boards with their superintendents—that are dedicated to continually cultivating and sharpening their focus on one primary objective: improving student outcomes.
The LSG Exemplar Cohort is a yearlong program (with a possible extension based on available funding) that includes the following at no cost to the local educational agency (LEA):
- Attendance at a two-day LSG workshop with fellow cohort members
- A dedicated LSG Coach
- Monthly implementation support tailored for the board, board chair, superintendent, and staff
- Quarterly board self-evaluation support
- Required board member training, including teambuilding and evaluating and improving student outcomes, as well as continuing education that addresses assessed needs based on the State Board of Education’s Framework for School Board Development
- Early access to Lone Star Governance-related training
- Collaboration with, learning from, and learning with other high-performing governing teams
All school district and charter school governing teams are eligible. The cohort will be limited to 10 governing teams. All eligible expenses of participating LEAs will be reimbursed monthly—up to $10,000 for the entire first year of the cohort. Additional details and submission instructions are attached below.
To receive reimbursements for LSG-related expenses, your governing team must commit to the following:
- Continued, frequent engagement with a certified LSG coach
- Timely submission of the quarterly self-evaluation report (QR)
- Active promotion of and advocacy for the LSG initiative, including presenting about the LSG philosophy and practices at meetings and conferences
Please visit http://tea.texas.gov/lsg for updates and additional information.
If you have any questions, please contact Lone Star Governance staff at email@example.com.