Upcoming training from Department of Grants Compliance and Oversight
SAVE THE DATE
August 8, 2017
TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ADDRESSED:
SUBJECT: Open to all LEAs: Upcoming training from Department of Grants Compliance and Oversight
On September 12, 2017, staff from TEA’s Department of Grants Compliance and Oversight (GCO) will hold a free day-long training in Austin. Presentations will cover topics such as the following:
- Updates to federal grant rules and regulations
- Future of grants focusing on student performance and application schedule PS3001
- New ESSA focus of Title I on needs assessment, schoolwide plans, and improving student achievement
- Preview of formatting changes (look and feel) of the revised eGrants system to be implemented in 2018–2019
- Q&A with department staff, including the GCO associate commissioner, Grants Administration Division, Federal Fiscal Monitoring Division, and Federal Fiscal Compliance and Reporting Division
- Panel discussion with staff of all divisions on department duties and services
Availability of Training Materials
It is anticipated that training materials will be posted to the GCO website by September 5, 2017. Attendees are asked to bring a device allowing them electronic access to those materials during the training, as printouts of training materials will not be made available.
Training Time and Location
The training is scheduled to run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a ninety-minute midday break for lunch.
The training will be held at the Austin ISD Performing Arts Center, located at 1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd., Austin TX, 78723. Parking is available and free.
Online Registration Link and Information
Register online for the training by September 5, 2017.
Registration is first come, first served, with no limit on the number of attendees from any LEA. In the event registration exceeds 1,000 participants, it will be closed at such point in time.
For Further Information
With any questions regarding the statewide training, email ESSAsupport@tea.texas.gov.
Cory Green, Associate Commissioner
Department of Grants Compliance and Oversight