TEASE Account and Password Help
Instructions for creating a TEASE account, selecting a secure password, and resetting forgotten passwords.
Creating a new TEASE account
Accounts for most TEASE applications can be created online. To apply for access to one of these accounts, visit the request new TEASE user account page, select the application for which you need access from the dropdown menu, click continue, and fill out the application form.
If your application is not in the dropdown menu it means that access must be requested with a paper form. These forms are on the TEASE Application Reference page, which has an alphabetical listing of all applications including links for requesting access and contact information for each application area.
Tips for selecting a secure password
Passwords are important because they protect your work from the malicious acts of others. Follow these tips to select a secure password:
- Select a password with numeric characters embedded with alpha characters.
- Select a password that is at least eight characters long.
- Never tell your password to others.
- Select a password you can remember. Read the selections below but do not use these specific examples:
- The initials of your oldest brother plus the last four digits of his telephone number plus the letter b for brother.
Example: My Big Brother 463-9800 => mbb9800b
- A familiar phrase using the first letter of each word substituting a number for some of the letters.
Example: The eyes of Texas are upon you => t30txauy
- A familiar word substituting a number for some of the letters
Example: Congress => c0ngr3ss
If you have trouble remembering your password, write it down in a well-concealed place — not on a yellow sticky note attached to your monitor or under your keyboard.
How to reset your password
If you forget your password:
- From the Log On page, click Did you forget your password? at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Forgot Your Password? page, enter your User Name (authorized user name provided by TEA for logging into the application, not your first and last name) or Email address and click Continue.
When prompted, enter the answer to the question. This is the question you set up when you logged on to the application for the first time. NOTE: TEASE is case sensitive so your answer must exactly match what you initially entered.
- Click Continue.
- When the Change Password page appears, enter a new password. Your password must be a minimum of eight characters and must include at least one number or special character such as @, # , $.
If you have forgotten your answer or cannot reset your own password, send an e-mail message to email@example.com for assistance.