STAAR Interim Assessments
State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) Interim Assessments are optional, online assessments that align to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and that help educators monitor student progress and predict student performance on STAAR. These assessments will be available at no cost to districts and open-enrollment charter schools, and they are not tied to accountability.
Key Dates and Details for 2023–2024
Interim Testing Windows
- Window 1 – 11/06/2023–12/19/2023
- Window 2 – 11/06/2023–04/05/2024
- Window 3 – 01/16/2024–04/05/2024
Available for RLA, grade 8 social studies, English I, English II, U.S. History
Not available for Window 1
Materials for Window 2 science and social studies interims and Window 3 math and RLA will be available in 2023.
Content and Language Supports
Available for all English and Spanish assessments
|Text-to-Speech||Available for all English and Spanish assessments|
- Results from the STAAR Interim Assessments will be reported in Cambium's centralized reporting system (CRS). CRS will contain district-level, campus-level, and student-level reports. Reports at the student level will include the following data:
- The student’s response to each test question,
- The TEKS student expectation for each test question,
- A pop-up window that shows the test question,
- Item-level reporting information,
- Reporting Category targets, and
- Percentages representing the statistical probability of achieving “Approaches,” “Meets,” and “Masters” grade level expectations on STAAR.
- Reports will continue to include data files and percentages representing the statistical probability of achieving “Approaches,” “Meets,” and “Masters” grade level expectations on STAAR.
- Although educators are able to view secure interim test items within CRS as they are viewing student results, these secure test items should NOT be downloaded or printed.
* During the school year 2022-2023, STAAR Interim Assessments will predict students’ performance on STAAR through an algorithm that has been calibrated using the existing STAAR performance standards. Because new standards will be set after the Spring 2023 STAAR test administration, educators should exercise caution when interpreting these predictions. Predictions are one of multiple data points to consider when determining which students need additional support
- STAAR Interim Assessments Educator Guide (Updated 12/15/2022)
- Data File Layout (updated 2/8/23)
- STAAR 2021-2022 Interim Assessments Summary Report
- STAAR 2020-2021 Interim Assessments Summary Report
- STAAR 2019–20 Interim Assessments Summary Report
- STAAR 2018–19 Interim Assessment Technical Report
STAAR Interim Assessments Blueprints
Use the link below to access STAAR Interim blueprints for the following:
- Grades 3-8 Mathematics
- Grades 3-8 RLA
- Grades 5 and 8 Science
- Grade 8 Social Studies
- English I and English II
- Algebra I
- U.S. History
Campuses or districts that want to share resources created in-house related to STAAR Interim Assessments can send those to: email@example.com
Resources shared will be available on this page for other districts to access and use.