Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Reimbursement Programs
Two reimbursement programs are currently authorized to reimburse local educational agencies (LEAs) for certain expenditures made during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- The Operation Connectivity Prior Purchase Reimbursement Program (PPRP) provides reimbursement funding to eligible LEAs for technology-related purchases made to serve students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase Local Match Reimbursement Program (LMRP) provides reimbursement funding to eligible LEAs to facilitate distance learning, including technological improvements, in connection with school closings to enable compliance with COVID-19 precautions and for developing online learning capabilities necessary to continue educational instruction in response to COVID-19-related school closures.
The CRF Operation Connectivity PPRP and LMRP are authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Section 5001.
PPRP Update (Dec. 30, 2020)
On December 27, 2020, President Trump signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, passed by Congress, within the allotted time frame. The bill includes 1) additional stimulus funding to be available to LEAs, and 2) an extension to the end date of the CRF funding (which is funding PPRP) to December 31, 2021.
Given this new federal extension, TEA has made the following changes to the PPRP program to allow LEAs more time and flexibility to maximize their potential for reimbursement:
- TEA is suspending processing the PPRP applications for the coming week.
- The application will be reopened, starting in January.
- All requests for new applications or amendments must be received by January 31.
- All eligible devices to be reimbursed must be received by the LEA by February 28.
- There will be no further extensions or exceptions to the program timeline or deadlines.
- TEA expects the final reimbursement percentage to be closer to the originally anticipated 75% reimbursement rate.
- TEA reserves the right to ratably reduce or increase the 75% reimbursement rate to ensure all CRF funds are allocated and expended, depending on the statewide total request for reimbursement received from all eligible LEAs that apply.
Errata including these program changes and further details will be posted here as soon as they are available.
CRF Operation Connectivity Prior Purchase Reimbursement Program (PPRP)
To request an application, or with any questions related to the CRF Operation Connectivity PPRP application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. There will be light email coverage on the weekend; if you email during that time, expect a delay in response time.
FAQ and Errata
- FAQ for CRF Operation Connectivity PPRP
- Errata #1 (12/01/2020)
- Errata #2 (12/02/2020)
- Errata #3 (12/18/2020)
- Errata #4 (01/06/2021)
- Errata #5 (01/11/2021)
TEA provided statewide training on the CRF Operation Connectivity PPRP on Nov. 20, 2020.
Purpose and Goals
For a description of the CRF Operation Connectivity PPRP purpose and goals, refer to Gov. Abbott's press release of Nov. 18, 2020.
CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase LMRP
The following information applies to the CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase LMRP.
LEAs that participated in the CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase Program are eligible to apply for the CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase LMRP.
Because the CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase LMRP is a match-based program, funds will only be awarded to applicants who demonstrate that their city/county has allocated funds to the LEA for the bulk-purchase local match.
How to Apply for Funds
Eligible applicants email email@example.com with a request for the CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase LMRP application.
The application is the form that applicants submit to request reimbursement funding. Applicants must submit the following documentation with their application/reimbursement request:
- The date the city/county allocated its Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) to the LEA
- Amount of allocation from the city/county
- Purpose of allocation (needs to include bulk-purchase costs) from the city/county to the LEA
Documentation provided on official city or county letterhead is preferred. All documentation must bear the signature of the appropriate city or county official.
The deadline for submitting the application/reimbursement request for the CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase LMRP funds has been extended. Applications/reimbursement requests must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT, October 15, 2020.
Requests for payment from the CRF Operation Connectivity Bulk-Purchase LMRP program awardees will be processed on a "first-in, first-out" basis until program funds are exhausted.
Allowable expenses that may be reimbursed under the programs are listed in the CARES Act Funding and COVID Expense Reimbursement FAQ, published in the COVID-19 Support and Guidance section of the TEA website.
- CRF Bulk-Purchase LMRP training is available on the GCA Playlist on TEA's YouTube channel.
- Training presentation slides are also available at CRF Bulk-Purchase Local Match Reimbursement Program (LMRP) Training Presentation (9.2.20).pdf.
- Current guidance and FAQs for this program can be found on the COVID-19 Support and Guidance page of TEA's website.